Wednesday, September 23, 2009

She's here!










Well, I'm definitely not as timely as Tom in the posting of our new addition. (He apparently posted the arrival on facebook just minutes after her birth, and his Dad, who just happened to be up at the forbidden hour of 4:00 (a.m. not p.m. however) was the first to get the news). Still, timely or not, we're both excited to welcome our baby girl.

Abigail Bethani was born at 4:08 am on Friday, Sept. 11. We went in the day before at around 10:30 am, so it was a little different experience than the last two (which total time before delivery was under an hour), and I've decided I'm not the most patient person. Still, we're so glad she's here. She wasn't breaking any scales at 6 lbs. 9 oz., but she is so sweet. She has bright, wide eyes, tiny ears, and a really cute dimple on her left cheek. She is still getting the hang of how to eat and had to be on lights for jaundice for a few days. With all of that she has been one sleepy baby.

Thurday my Dad had meetings in Provo and Roosevelt, so he decided to drop by in between. We decided to go get checked and after my Mom found out we were going to the hospital she came up as fast as she could. She was a life saver as the very next day and morning Abigail was born was Emma's first day of kindergarten. I was so glad that Grandma was the one to be able to take her on her first day, if I had to miss it. She said she took lots of pictures, but I still need to get them off her camera after which I'll add them to the post.

After Abby was born, my Mom stayed for an entire week. It was the biggest help and I don't know how I would have survived without her.





The kids enjoyed their Grandma time too... lots of choc. milk along with all the other delicious food she made for us.

10 comments:

Daughter of God said...

Thanks for posting. I've been worried because I hadn't heard anything, just like you said from Tom's posting of facebook. I want to talk and know more. Call me!! I don't have your phone number
love ya
amy v. young

Oveson's said...

she is beautiful congrads!! that is so great that she made her grand apperance!! congrads!!

Princess Hairstyles said...

I'm so excited for you guys! What a sweet little baby girl. I love the name as well, very cute. Congrats!!

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

Congratulations!! What a sweet baby girl. Good job!

Keenan said...

Yay! I haven't blogged in so long that I didn't even know you posted pictures! They are so cute, and Abigail Bethani is just beautiful!!!!
What a sweet sweet baby girl. -The pictures are so so adorable!!! We can't wait to see you guys again next weekend! Yipee! Miss you!

Cecilee said...

Yay!! I am glad that things have calmed down enough that you could post some pictures. She is a cutie... and that is a beautiful name. I love it.

I have refrained from calling you, but I've been thinking of you a lot and hoping you are surviving. We are in survival mode here too with our new little one. Even with the lack of sleep, new babies are the best and I'm trying to enjoy each moment as I'm sure you are. Take care. Love you!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I am glad she made it safe and sound! She is so tiny and adorable!

Liz said...

Congratulations! Very very cute!

Anonymous said...

Kim...she is adorable...HOpe everything is going well...so wish I was there to make you some dinner!!! I can't believe she was born on September 11th...what a monumental birthday!!! Congrats!

Valeni said...

Just checking your blog and loved seeing the pictures of your little doll. Hope she is continuing to gain weight and helping you to feel more relaxed now. Hope to see you all when I come to Utah in December to meet Camille and Scott's little boy. Can't wait!!