Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December First

Thanks to my Grandma Hettie, my Christmas loving Grandma who seriously shops for Christmas year round, we get to enjoy the fun tradition of December first gifts. From my Grandma, the gifts usually include ornaments, a fun Christmas decorative item, treats and/or hot chocolate. I've decided to add to the festivities with new PJs for the kids and a new Christmas book, because Christmas stories and attire are so much more fun in December than in January. This year Grandma Hettie also gave the kids new winter/Christmas blankets. The kids had fun snuggling into their beds after such a busy day.

They had been looking forward to opening their fun things, but when the day came it was packed full. There ended up being only about 20 minutes during the whole day when everyone was awake and together. Tom of course had to work, Em had gymnastics, then I had enrichment, so we had to take advantage of our short time together. The kids were so excited to put new ornaments on the tree, and I just love seeing my cute kids dreaming peacefully in new pajamas and soft, fleece blankets.










Abby is getting to really enjoy her bath after which she got to sport a cute gingerbread man as well.

No comments: