Sunday, June 1, 2008

Not exotic, but definitely fun

Some people go on cruises, others to Mexico, Disneyland, Florida, Nauvoo... These are all fun vacation destinations that I dream of going. Last week we went on a vacation of our own. However, it wasn't to any of these. We spent the week in Price, and I can honestly say I don't think I would have had more fun sitting on a California beach. (OK, so maybe a little bit more, but we won't go there.) Tom took the week off, and we were set. As I am still working some in Price we had to throw in a little business with pleasure, but unlike other times when poor Tom ends up with the kids all week while I'm doing the speech thing we decided to try and have a little fun too. We arrived on Tuesday and enjoyed visiting with family, walking the streets of Price, and touring some new homes. Wednesday we had planned to swim. I bought a new swimming suit on the way up, the kids and Tom had theirs, and we bought new water shoes so we could hit the waves. Well, the pictures turned out cute, but as you can see we had the pool to ourselves. We almost didn't go but had promised the kids all day, so although it was cold we went for a short but memorable dunk in the pool. Also on Wednesday we drove out to Cleveland to see Lynae's new house. (I'm not into houses or anything right now;) Well, it was beautiful of course, and so fun to see her and visit for a few minutes. Thursday, Tom took the kids to the track (Bentley's request) and to the Dino-mine park which is always a good time. That night we went with my parents to their Stake Temple night in Manti and had a great experience doing sealings. Friday's adventures will be for another post (I know the anticipation is too much.) And Saturday we packed it up and headed for home. It was truly one of those vacations where you come home having had a blast, feeling a little heavier than when you left (Thanks Mom, you alway make the best spreads! mmm...), and ready to do better with every aspect of life! I think sometimes its not where you go, but who you're with that makes for great times. Would you agree?

7 comments:

Princess Hairstyles said...

I'm glad to see they still have the wave pool. I remember going there with you guys when we were little and it was so much fun!

Deirdra said...

I love the water and kids! So entertaining for everyone. How do you do your pictures like that? I can't figure out how to line them up without doing a collage. Share any insight you may have. THanks!

Oveson's said...

Ok so that is totally crazy we were in price too!!! We will have to plan that just a little better and mabie we can get together next time. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Cecilee said...

Cute pictures. I would also like to know how you post them like that...

Unknown said...

that is nice that it is that shallow. does Ali love the water? Abi does. are you guys all healthy yet? i hope so.

Kim said...

I haven't found any amazing way to line up the pictures other than to change their sizes. All I do is adjust, check on the preview and after I post and then keep modifying until I like how it looks. It doesn't take as much time after doing a couple of posts because you get so you can almost tell how big the pictures need to be in order to make them show up one, two or three across. Not very exciting, but it must be working:)

Kim said...

Ali does love the water:) But, she loves it more when its not so cold:S
As for health... I'm puzzled. After Ali went on her antibiotic I think she started having a reaction to them. After being off of them though, she is still reacting to ?something? she gets red around her mouth particularly on her chin and has even had some hives on her hands, feet, and even a couple on her body. I think I'll take her in tomorrow to -check her ears to make sure they have healed (if not we're thinking tubes), -check about her reaction, and -Emma is still complaining about a sore throat, so I'll probably ask about her as well.
OK, so this is probably too much info, but you asked;) In a nut shell we're doing better, but not at 100% yet.
Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the swim suit. I found one at Shade that is so much better than any I've had before. You're right, it is so worth a little extra $ to feel good while swimming.