Thursday, June 12, 2008

Now you see them... now you don't

You know the feeling of anticipation that you felt as a child on Christmas Eve, or the excitement felt the day before you were to be married, tone that down a bit, and that's what I've been feeling for the past few days. What, may you ask, brought on this thrill? Well... yesterday I got my braces off! I know, I sound like I could be in Jr. High, still I'm ecstatic. I've had them on for what I thought was going to be 12-16 months but has turned into over two years! That's all of Ali's and half of Emma's lifetime! Did I mention how glad I am to have them off?

I think the best part is being able to eat and enjoy eating again. Observe a little bit of heaven from this morning: grapefruit, OJ, omelet, and banana waffles... mmm.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

YEah! I'm happy for you!! YOu look great!

Nora Mair said...

You look great! Way to go on the park while your car was repaired. With kids on bikes and in strollers, they can go forever, and at a good pace. Walking...takes..so long...

Oveson's said...

Yea for no braces that is such a good feeling I love it. You look great!!!

Deirdra said...

Happy day! I'm so excited for you. I've never had braces, but I can only imagine. Enjoy all those foods without getting them stuck in your braces. Yippee!

Sharon said...

Your teeth look amazing! Congratulations! Did they feel all slimy after they were off? Have fun eating popcorn!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Yay for you! I bet you're so excited you can barely stand it! And, I like the after picture a lot better! You are really good to work on your scrapbooks, I wish I could get motivated to work on ours again. It gets so depressing when you get behind! Maybe someday I'll catch up.

Anonymous said...

You look great! To be honest, I hardly noticed the braces....probably because we don't see you that much! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

yahoo...that is the best... Hey I want a closer look being the silly dental girl that I am.

Michelle said...

I still panic at the thought of braces. I feel the pain of being forced to wear them MUCH LONGER than expected. The first things I ate were apples and gummy bears! Your teeth look great. Congrats!