Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy 24th of July

Our 24th of July was one of those days that did not go how I'd pictured; however, it turned out well and was a lot of fun. Sharon, Seth, and their boys came by the cabin briefly in the morning, but then had to get going to another family reunion. Nora and her kids came up for the day. Nora and I went for a run around the 'little loop'. We had a BBQ, and then Christy, Nora and I hiked the 'big loop' in the heat of the afternoon. Crazy? yes, fun? absolutely. The key was that we had a camel packs and were each carrying a spray bottle to keep us cool. That night I was determined to see some fireworks, so we drove into Kamas and got to see the after the rodeo display. Emma was exhausted and fell asleep before we even left, so she stayed home, asleep in her bed, with Grandma Christy and Grandpa Chuck, and Ali was falling asleep in my arms during the display, but I think Bentley was truly impressed.

No comments: