Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh, Relief!

Relief Society that is. General Conference is just a week away which means that the General Relief Society Meeting was this weekend. Our Stake had tickets, so after receiving a personal invite, I thought Why not? It turned out to be a really fun and uplifting evening. We traveled to SLC, enjoyed a delicious meal at the Olive Garden and made it to our seats with plenty of time to spare. I've never been to any of the Conference sessions either in the Conference Center or in the Tabernacle, so it was my first time to witness how amazing it is when our Prophet enters the room. The whole, huge room went quite, and I thought to myself, this experience alone is worth the travel to be there in person. It was truly amazing to be in the presence of a Prophet of God. The talks were very good, and I especially liked Pres. Uchtdorf's. I'm now very excited for next weekend when we get to enjoy more inspirational messages from our leaders.

1 comment:

Oveson's said...

You lucky duck. That was such an amazing meeting!!! I just sat there in basking in everything that was said!!