Thursday, February 4, 2010

There's no place like home

After a scary night of labored breathing, a trip to the doctor, chest x-rays, blood work, etc. which turned into a hospital stay, Ali is home to continue to recuperate. She's still on oxygen but is doing ok and is quite the trooper.

On the intake form they had me fill out at the hospital, one of the questions was, "Does you child know why he/she is in the hospital?" I thought, "sure, she knows" and answered "yes". Then, today at lunch just a few hours after getting home, Ali asked, "Mom, why we at the doctors?"


This is our new friend for the next month. He's a little noisy, but it is so nice to be able to be at home and still have the equipment needed.

It hasn't been a fun couple of days of course, but one positive thing that I've enjoyed watching is how concerned Ali's brother and sister are about her. They asked how she was doing, were anxious to see her, and were so excited to bring her some get well gifts to the hospital last night. They've been excellent helpers and are so sweet with her.
It is also so wonderful to know that there is so much help available from all the wonderful people around us if needed. Thanks to all for your help, love, and prayers.

7 comments:

Keenan said...

Oh she is such a little trooper!- that sweet girl, please give her a hug and kiss for us!! What a little cute heart- and what a crazy couple of days for all of you! It's always neat to see families band together- especially when those family members are only 5 and 8 years old! ;)

Daughter of God said...

What a scary thing to have happen. I'm so glad that she is doing better and that she can be home. Love you,
amy

Princess Hairstyles said...

Oh no! Did you find out what was wrong with her? How scary. I'm glad she's home now and I hope she feels better soon!

Cecilee said...

Yikes!! What happened? I haven't heard. Did she have pneumonia? I'm glad to know that she is ok. She sure is a cutie!

Brigette Bentley said...

Poor cute Ali!!! Hope you are still feeling better! :)

Anonymous said...

Poor girl! So of course I am playing catch up on everyones blogs, but I just have to say that I love the matchy matchy dresses...so my style! Can't believe your baby is getting so big! Wish I could see you guys...let me know if you have a spare sec when you are down this way!

Oveson's said...

oh no that is no fun at all!! I hope she is doing much better. It was fun to see you guys. It is so true there is no place like home!!