Thursday, April 2, 2009

So I know where I stand... (or should I say sit)

This morning during breakfast Ali, as usual, said, "Sit by me, Mom". "Oh, how sweet," I think to myself, "It is so nice to be so loved." Well, I was feeling pretty good about myself, when Emma put me in my place:) She was talking to Ali, and as I was getting things ready and they were discussing, I think, the size of the bar stools, Emma says "She has a big bottom." I turned and said in my own defense, "I don't have a big bottom:)" Emma's reply, "It's bigger than mine." So I gently explained that, "Ya know Emma, girls really don't like to be told that their bottoms are big." Emma's simple reply, "Well, it is big." Enough said, and we moved on.

One more funny story for the morning. While eating my breakfast cereal, Kashi GOLEAN, Ali turned and looked into my bowl and said, "Ladybug". I told her it wasn't a ladybug in my cereal, just cereal, but after I had finished it she said, "tiny... (something unintelligible)... ladybug..." Then, with a very concerned look on her face and putting her head to the side, she said, "dead". Try as I did, I could not convince her that I hadn't eaten a ladybug this morning.

2 comments:

Oveson's said...

super cute it always kills me how they see things!! love it :D

Anonymous said...

yeah for sure...I remember one time Whitley called me "big momma" oh no we stopped that right away!!! Ha...cute stories!!!