Saturday, April 25, 2009

What to keep, what to throw out... aaaah, just get rid of it all

I think the weather affects my mood way too much. It has turned cold again, and I am so unmotivated to do anything. Almost all of the snow had finally melted, and it said in the forecast that we were supposed to get some rain. I thought that would be great; everything would green right up! It did rain in the morning, but then this afternoon it turned to snow. We have a couple of inches which didn't even melt by evening. Its still there, and it seriously is making it look like November again!
Enough about the weather, but it did affect our activities for the day. Instead of basking in the sun and going swimming, we stayed in and tried to locate the summer clothes for the kids. They've been complaining about their long sleeves and pants on the warm days, and I didn't want to go shopping until I knew what we already had. Well, clothes clean outs are all always more work than I think they'll be. Today was a little different however, because it brought up the whole idea of what "boy stuff" to keep. Do I get rid of old boy clothes that won't be used for years, or do I hold out for who knows how long if not forever. Bentley was not too cool with all his old stuff being thrown away. He was concerned that in "two years" when we have another baby it might be a boy, and we'd need the clothes and things. I asked him why in two year, and his answer was, "Haven't you kind of noticed that every two years we've had a baby?" He's right, so hey, it was good logic. Still, I'm temped to get rid of a bunch of stuff that won't be used for much longer than two years if ever.

The picture was taken during breakfast. I love the sleepy morning looks. I tried a recipe my sister, Kenzi, recommended for breakfast pizza. Very yummy, but the girls would have nothing to do with it, hence the cereal. Oh well, (as we sometimes say when the kids won't try the good food) more for me. I've had more success with that method then I've ever had with forcing them to eat things.

No comments: