Friday, May 8, 2009

The Happiest Mommy Ever

Just wanted to share what my mom gave me for Mother's Day. (That seems a little backward doesn't it? But that's just the type of Mom that she is.) I opened it early, oops, but she sent the sweetest book. Whether it is because I'm truly having a happiest moment ever or just need a reminder to create one, I have loved reading it. My Mom said she got it because it was (with some minor order of events corrections, the story of my life:). Here's the summary from Deseret Book's site.

In this delightful children’s picture book, a young boy asks while making cookies with his mother, “Mommy, what is the happiest you’ve ever been?” His mother reflects on her life and responds, “Well, once when I was just about your age, I was in a dance recital . . . when I was done, the audience clapped and cheered for me. I was so happy.” The boy persists and asks, “But Mommy, is that the happiest you’ve ever been?” Upon which the mother tells the boy other stories of joyful moments in her life: winning the big volleyball game; graduating from college; getting married in the temple; and having a new baby. After each story, the boy asks, “But Mommy, is that the happiest you’ve ever been?” Finally, the mother says, “A few years later, that little baby grew. . . . He was a big boy now— a big boy that I love to make cookies with and tell stories to. I am so happy.” One more time the boy asks his question and the mother responds, “Yes, THIS is the happiest I’ve ever been.
















It doesn't really convince the kids that I'm truly happy being with them when I read them the book and cry every time. Each time Ali says, "You sad, Mommy?" She's very confused when with tears in my eyes I tell her that I'm happy. I'll have to work on that one.

2 comments:

Cecilee said...

Sounds like a great book. Maybe I'll have to try and find it around here.

The recital pictures are adorable. Such cute kids. I love Emma's little outfit.

Oveson's said...

Very cute!! I am sure the tears come a bit more now then they did a little while ago too...funny how that happens!! Love the book!!