Thursday, August 7, 2008

Traumatic Trip

Should a trip to the orthodontist really take all day? Well, it does. On Wednesday, I went in to get x-rays and my retainers checked. After an hour and a half ride, we arrived at the office at which time I realized I had left my retainers on the counter at home! Ahhhh! I did get the x-rays taken, but I hate forgetting things.

After the orthodontist, we went to Costco to stalk up on... everything! By the time we were finished, Ali had had enough. She was tired and decided she wanted to hold some fruit snacks. The packages at Costco are of course huge, so when she pulled the box to her it bonked her head and she started crying. She has what we think is a hypersensitive gag reflex, so while waiting in line she not only started crying but started throwing up. Luckily they have paper towels near the check out, so I was able to catch most of the mess in my hands and in the paper towels. Meanwhile, the checker didn't miss a beat. Bentley helped unload our cart but didn't put up a divider, so the checker not only rang up our items but also the lady in back of us. Then he was all upset that there hadn't been a divider. All the while I'm thinking, "don't mind me, I'm just over here catching throw up in my hands..." Well, after getting the recipe all straighten out we made it out, so we could drive over to fill up with gas. Then with bank account drained and the smell of vomit in the car, we set out for home. The picture is after leaving the store. The kids aren't crying (although I felt like doing so); it was just bright outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like most trips with 3 kids are traumatic...if you get out of a store of any kind with your nerves in tact you are pretty much doing awesome ehhh? Yeah I can totally feel your pain...So annoying you left your retainer...ahhhh!