Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snowed out

On Monday we had quite the storm. It was predicted to be a bad one, so I had planned to stay in. The only thing I had to go out for was to pick up Bentley from school. The wind had been blowing really hard, but we made it to the school as the snow was beginning to fall. We picked up Bentley just fine, but then on the way back the storm had hit. We were ok driving through Kamas, but as we left town, the lack of any wind break made it so I couldn't see a thing. I've driven in storms before where you had to watch the lines or the little posts on the side of the road in order to stay on the road, and in Logan we had some pretty bad fog where it was difficult to see the road, but this was the worst I've even driven in! I don't know if I just hit a bad spot at the wrong time, but like I said before I couldn't see a thing! I slowed way down, but I wasn't sure if I should stop for fear that someone in back of me would hit me from behind. Well, my dilemma was soon over because I ran off the road. The kids were pretty upset, but amazingly I was somewhat calm. I got out my cell phone to call Tom just as a police officer pulled up. I saw what I thought were lights in the front, and then I couldn't see them anymore. Then I could barely make them out in back of us. The storm was seriously that bad. I couldn't even tell if there were two police vehicles. Well, the nice officer pulled me out, and then when he found out where we were going, he recommended that we stay in Kamas until the storm passed. We took his advice. We went back into Kamas were we had lunch at the Summit Inn.
















They were so nice there. The kids said they didn't want pizza as we were ordering, so the lady made peanut butter and honey sandwiches for them even though they don't have them on their menu. Then after we were finished she gave them each a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes a little kindness goes a long way. After lunch we went over to the fitness center where we hung out until Tom got off work. He came over and we climbed the rock wall before we all went home. It was quite the day!

1 comment:

Nora Mair said...

So glad you weren't stuck worse. And Ali's eating with a spoon. I tell you I never felt more liberated than when Paige became more self sufficant.