Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Years Resolutions!

Happy 2008! As one of my New Years Resolutions I've decided to stop free-loading and start contributing to the online world. I don't have a picture to post, but if I don't post now, I'll continue to put off the initial post for who knows how long. Its now or never.
Today was a sad day. I finally took down the Christmas decor. (however limited it was this year). We did have a tree, so I've been humming the song "I cry the day that I take the tree down" all day. Other than that, we just had a relaxing day at the cabin. After Bentley's second day back to school after the Christmas break, I started in on another New Years goal of baking my own bread. I've been experimenting with recipes I find online, and I'm still hunting for one I like. The bread has not yet been a complete success, but I have discovered I really like a basic baking powder biscuit recipe that I've been using as a pizza crust. Bentley gave his stamp of approval, so its definitely a go.
I've been thinking a lot about things I'd like to improve on this year. My list of New Years Resolutions is rather lengthy. Along with blogging and baking bread I've decided to start running again. (Anyone training for any fun races coming up? I'm looking for some motivation.) The beginning of a New Year is so fun to have the feeling of starting new, doing better, and accomplishing... something. No wonder the gyms are packed this time of year.

2 comments:

Nora Mair said...

YOU'RE BLOGING!!! yea Kim. I made bread too! I got a great recipe from Vanessa that tastes better the second day. I'll send it to you. I was going to type it up for my book club anyway. What race are you thinking of doing? Not that I'd join you. I'm happy with my walking turkey second...

Kim said...

Thanks, I'd love a good bread recipe. As for the race... I'm still not sure. I've gotta get rid of this sore throat first.