Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day!

This year we decided to celebrate St. Patrick's day by ingesting as much green as we possibly could... (Side note: as I was waking the kids for breakfast, I must have spoke with some apparent excitement in my voice because as Emma was wiping the sleep out of her eyes she said, "Did the Easter Bunny come?" It was hard to hold back a chuckle as I had to backtrack so she wouldn't be too disappointed.)
...We started out with a green breakfast, (waffles, pudding and OJ), and while Bentley was at school we made green bread. We had green sandwiches for lunch, made shamrock sugar cookies and finished it off with a very green dinner (pasta, jello, broccoli, spinach, cucumbers, chips and milk).
Then today, while I was changing Ali's diaper I noticed her poopies were an unusual hue... kind of a greenish color. Anyone have any idea why that could be? ;-)




4 comments:

Oveson's said...

You guys look like you had a great time. I love the green. It is so amazing how just a change in color can change what comes out of a little bum!! I love it. Very fun I still have not really got into the spirit of st Pattys day but some day it will happen. This year it was i think because I am so excited for easter I kind of missed everyting inbetween. So fun!!!

Sharon said...

Way to go all out! Your kids will always remember it! Your bread still looks yummy all green!

Jen said...

How fun! I love all the green food. I remember growing up my Mom used to make a green dinner on
St.Patty's day! Maybe next year, I'll try it!

Anonymous said...

So fun Kim, I had big plans for a "Green Day" But I ended up getting a bad cold on Sunday and since we went to the St. Patty's day Parade, I decided that was enough. I am proud of you that you did all of that. I would love to see you when you come. Call me when you are down, we would love to have you over.