Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference Weekend

It is an Ackerson tradition to get together at the cabin over conference weekend. Last weekend was no exception. Chuck and Christy, John and Heather, Nora and James, Donna and Bevan, Tall Paul, Tom and myself and of course the cousins (eleven to be exact) made for a very exciting weekend. Amid all the commotion we were able to actually watch some of conference, however, I'm more than grateful that we live in an age where we can not only read the talks in the following month's Ensign but also listen to and read them online as well. Along with the general commotion of many people and children and a shopping trip on Saturday, I missed more talks than I'd like to admit. What I was able to see, listen to and actually digest was amazing though. I love conference. I always feel so inspired to be better.

2 comments:

Oveson's said...

I have found that when you all get together that kind of happens....but in the same token it is so much fun and we do live in a great age. I love all of the easter photos those are so fun. We love you guys and I love being able to keep in touch it is great!!!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Kim, it looks like you have some fun in-laws that you get together with a lot. How awesome! I was wondering if you happen to have the recipe to that broccoli/chicken wreath thing? It looks like something my kids might actually like. (I'm really impressed by all your cooking, by the way.)