Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Little Things...

I was just thinking about and listening to Elder Ballard's fabulous Conference Talk.
His suggestions to mothers include:

- Live in the moment
- Don't over schedule
- Find time for self
- Pray, study and teach the gospel




While listening I decided to make a list of the "little things" that I am so grateful for...
-Emma's hair in the morning
-The fact that Bentley loves to wear his hooded shirts and coat with the hood up.
-Ali's laugh
-Bentley's excitement when he finally earned his 'job chart' prize last night.
-Snuggling with Emma in the morning.
-The kids all fresh in their pajamas after tub time
-When Emma says, "I love you, Mommy"
-Emma's songs
-Ali learning to say "kitty" last night (Monica, if you read this, that was inspired by the picture of Romona:-)
-Watching Bentley walk out the door with his backpack to go to kindergarten.
-Hearing Ali talking in her crib to let me know she's awake. (gotta run)

My favorite part of the talk was when Elder Ballard spoke of the picture of his children at ages 6, 4, and 1 (hold back the tears). We have 6, 3, and 1, and it is such a wonderful time of life!

4 comments:

Oveson's said...

I loved that talk. He is so awesome...by the way I loved your list!!

Deirdra said...

I too loved that talk. Being a mom make's life challenging, but happier than imaginable. Children are the spice of life and bring smiles to our face. I love your list of the little things, it's so true!

Liz said...

I love the little things! thanks for the reminder!!

Unknown said...

I love hearing moms who enjoy being moms! There are soooo many people i know that constantly complain and it frustrates me to no end. They think their children are horrid but I think they are. So it is great to hear how much you love your kids and the sweet moments because they really don't last very long and you have to enjoy every moment.