Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring break and going digital!

Spring break has come and gone... Tom had a break a week ago, and we had decided to visit the fam in Price. We left on Wednesday (a week ago last Wed... time sure flies) and stayed until Sunday. It was a busy time, but so fun as usual.
Bentley had his break this week. It worked out really well because we were lucky enough to have Nora and James and their fam come and stay at the cabin for the week. Although we didn't have to travel anywhere it felt like we were on vacation all week. We slept in almost every morning, played, ate, watched movies, talked, shopped and had a really fun week.

Nora posted that she's learning to scrapbook digitally. She brought some very informative tutorials that we were able to watch and then try some pages for ourselves. I'm really into paper scrapbooking, but after learning how to do a page digitally, I'm totally hooked. I can't give up the paper thing, but I'm going to do both. The hope is that someday I'll actually be caught up and can scrap recent events not just the ancient history of our fam. (I think I'm at an all time record for how many years I'm behind... 4! :-( But I haven't lost hope yet, and I'm really excited about being able to get going in the digital world. Here is my first spread...
What do you think? Also I'm debating if I want to print 8x8 or 12x12. My most recent thought is that I'll do the family book 12x12, the kids books 8x8... but then I'd still have to do paper books for bigger school pictures etc. hum... I guess I'm still deciding. If you've found anything that has worked well for you... Let me know; I'm open to any and all suggestions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do my family 12x12 and kids smaller..how do you print 12x12? or do they send them to you? I nned to check out the digital thing..your pages are so cute

Jen said...

Your pages look great!! I've REALLY been wanting to learn how to do digital scrapbooking. Do you happen to know where the video tutorial came from?? I need something like that to get me going. I too am way behind on scrapbooking and I feel like it would be easier to get caught up if I could do most of it digitally. As for the sizes--I do the 12x12 for both our family book and the kids albums. I like to be able to put lots of pictures on a page and not have them be too small. I've heard that you can print the 12x12 size a COSTCO.

Oveson's said...

Digital Scrapbooking is the best. I have to say that it is the first time in my life that I have ever been able to keep up with what is going on in our lives. I am the worst at writing journals but I can do a meen digital scrapbook journal. That is awesome. I have a program that I do mine in but there are so many different free scrapbook places that I totally want to learn how to do it without the program but I have not quite got to that point. You did a great job they are awesome. Also you save so much money and time doing it digitally. I am a fan!!!!