Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week in review... ...more of the same.

Reporting on last week, I feel like I could just say 'dido' and it would suffice. Although it may not be as exciting to write about, it is rather nice when there is some routine to life. With three more weeks left in school for Bentley, I'm sure this won't last long.
Ali must have a thing with hats lately. Here she is in the tub with another creative head piece.














On Monday we had a picturesque chicken broccoli braid. I feel that I really need to give credit where credit is due. I blogged about it a while back but failed to mention its origin. My friend, Lynae, brought us dinner after I had Ali. It was one of those meals that you have to get the recipe. I've had some requests for the recipe myself, so I've included it below.
Thanks Lynae. Every time I make this I think of you.
  • 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
  • 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 egg white, beaten
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F).
  2. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, salt, almonds and onion.
  3. Unroll crescent roll dough, and arrange flat on a medium baking sheet. Pinch together perforations to form a single sheet of dough. Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. There should be a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center, with the cut strips forming a fringe down each side. Spread the chicken mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
  4. Brush braided dough with the egg white. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown.

Tuesday Bentley had his first soccer game. We forgot our camera (bad mom), but will definitely be getting some shots in the future.

Wednesday was the exception to the routine. We were gone all day. We made it to story hour and to pick up Bentley. Then, I had an orthodontist appointment. It is an hour away, so we left right after getting Bentley, stopped at Cosco, made it to the appointment, dropped by WallyWorld, and picked up dinner on the way home. As I was transferring pictures I found this one that apparently Bentley took while I was in the hot seat. Three kids with mom in the chair always makes for an interesting appointment. Luckily the staff are very patient, and I'm not below bribing the kids to be well behaved.














Thursday we had snow and Bentley's soccer game got canceled, so still no pictures.

Then on Friday we had our weekly pizza night. The kids are now insistent that they make their own pizzas. It is definitely something they look forward to. For the second time Bentley ate the entire thing!































Saturday we were able to go SLC for the wedding of my cousin Camille. It was a beautiful wedding, and a really fun day. ...but that is a post in and of itself. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun Kim...I love that you are still making the Broccoli braid. I will take credit for that one....just teasing. We love it too! I miss you...come visit!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with bribing!
I am definitely going to try that braid. thanks for the recipe

Nora Mair said...

That braid looks so good! I'm going to try it as well. I love Ali on your lap at the Orthodontist! Classic.

Unknown said...

They all look so darn excited for those pizzas. They look great. :)

Oveson's said...

you little betty crocker you!!! I love it. Fun pizza party. I have almost convinced myself that we need to make a habit of it too but then I come back to earth and relize that seth worked in a pizza place for about 3 years total and I think that would bring him back to the college pizza working years!!! Fun stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! It was so fun to see you this weekend! I used to make that braid all the time, but have fogotten about it- I am going to make it again soon- thanks for the reminder!

Princess Hairstyles said...

I'm glad you posted the recipe. I found a few variations of it online and wasn't sure which one to try. Now I know this one will be good. Mine may not turn out quite as pretty though. This looks like it was made by a professional!