Monday, October 27, 2008

To potty train or not to potty train

I think that Ali is going to potty train herself. She's been asking to go potty for a while. She does actually go from time to time, and she can't stand to have a wet or poopie diaper. I know I should probably just go for it, but for some reason I'm holding off. Emma started asking (signing) she wanted to go potty at 16 months, and at 18 months we gave it a go. After two days I was tired of cleaning up accidents, so we waited until she was two and then it took about two days to train her. It really isn't that long until Ali turns 2, so I think I'll wait it out and then go full force. Am I just chicken or does that seem to make the most sense? Oh well, either way I'm sure she'll be going in the potty before too long. Until then I'll just try to keep her diaper on her:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably wise to wait...I just think kids don't get it before two and the mom is the only one that ends up potty trained!

Princess Hairstyles said...

I'm in the same situation. I know I should start working on it with Tayvin. I'm just not sure I'm ready to commit to a week of not being able to do ANYTHING else. I hate living in the bathroom!