Thursday, January 8, 2009

Outside fun
















It has been so cold lately that we haven't spent a lot of time outside. However, the last few days it has been almost balmy. OK, it probably couldn't be considered warm, but compared to the temperatures last week, it feels it. The other day I actually shoveled the deck in shorts; I had boots and gloves too of course.















Today was another warm day, so after school when Bentley wanted to make a snowman I couldn't say no. We went out and constructed our first snowman of the season. The kids were so excited! Emma kept saying things like, "I can't believe we built a snowman!", and Bentley insisted that it was only his. Ali was so excited to, "play snow", and I have to admit I had a blast as well.















After we finished the snowman, I pulled all three kids around on a sled until Ali had had enough, and we went in for some hot chocolate.





























We've been to told to look for the little sweet moments of life that make it all worth it; this afternoon could definitely be counted as one of those.

5 comments:

Deric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cecilee said...

Absolutely darling! Picture perfect. You are so blessed with your three little angels.

Alisha Harris said...

looks like fun and very, very snowy. I'm so glad you were able to go skiing. Don't go so long between this time!

The Christians said...

You have beautiful kids!! I have loved our warm NC days, but this blog made me wish for a little snow.

Oveson's said...

love the snow man!!! Did you know that you have some super cute kids!!! So fun. :D