Monday, January 5, 2009

Skiing















The first time I ever skied was shortly after Tom and I were married. I think it was in November of 2000. Then, the second time I went skiing was, hum, lets see... Saturday. That's right, it has been 8 years since I've hit the slopes with skies. Why was this year different than the past eight?
Let me break it down:
Prego... nope
Nursing... nope
Babysitting... available (thanks Heather)
Ski gear... check (thanks Monica)
Ski passes to Deer Valley... check! (thanks Paul)














With the bases covered, Tom and I decided to go for it. I have to say I was a little bit nervous (who wouldn't be on their near first attempt on the mountain), but it turned out to be a great day. It was a bit cold; we were told the high for the day was 6*!
Well, I'm definitely not a pro by any means, but Tom was patient with me, and it was really fun. I'm already plotting a repeat. Anyone with me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you can see Tom's shadow skiing behind you taking the footage. He must be a pretty great skier to be able to do that. You look awesome. It has been about that long for me too and I am not sure I am brave enough to go again. It's too dogon' cold!

Princess Hairstyles said...

That looks so fun! I haven't been skiing for a LONG time. You're really good, especially for your second time, I'm impressed!

Cecilee said...

Good for you! I've only been skiing a handful of times and I'm always nervous and end up with a ton of bruises. You are much more athletic than I am. ;o)

Deirdra said...

I'm so jealous you went skiing. Jake and I are going to try and make it this year. Not pregnant, but nursing. Thankfully these boys take bottles if necessary. It's beens about 3 or 4 years since I've been. I need to hit the slopes!