Thursday, March 26, 2009

The dreaded hour

4PM to 5PM has got to be the worst time of the day. We pick up Bentley a little before 4:00, and dinner is scheduled for 5:00. I'm not exaggerating when I say that all three children were either crying, whining, or causing another child to participate in the previously mentioned activities for one solid hour. I'm pretty sure it was a hunger/blood sugar issue, but today I refused to dish out snacks with dinner in the oven. Where as I too was tired and hungry and bordering on nauseous, it was a nightmare. However, it made it even sweeter when just minutes after Tom got home from work, we were all gathered around the table and not one complaint about the food was heard. Everyone ate well, and there was silence for at least a few minutes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the witching hour. Happens every day around here! :)

Liz said...

lol! those pictures are hilarious! and it's so true! i hate that time! kids get possessed and my patience is gone!!!

Unknown said...

Look at those faces! I hear you. I'm just glad it's almost spring and I can send them outside to "play" while I make dinner.

Alisha Harris said...

LOVE the afternoon predinner SLUMP. Way to work through it!

monicaackerson said...

I loved these pictures! I showed them to coworkers and we laughed and laughed! Thanks for posting them!