Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Spring Walk of the Year















It was such a gorgeous day today! For those not living in a high elevation, mountain climate, this may not seem like such a big thing. But for those living with snow still on the ground, to have a day warm enough to venture out without even a jacket was amazing. As dinner was cooking tonight, we took the family on a little walk down the road. The goal was to stay out of the mud, and I think that Tom was the only one to have failed at that. He was helping Emma at the time, so I had to forgive him. Bentley managed to stay out of the mud but found a pile of dog poop to stand in instead, ick! Emma informed me that she could get in the mud because she had her boots on but still managed to comply to the rule. We carried Ali, so she was easy. It was so nice, and even though there's a good chance that we'll see more snow before the winter finally gives way to spring and summer, it was enough to help us not loose hope for the warm weather to come. Spring, we're ready for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun...seriously we went to the park today and I worked up sweat walking there...it was so so nice! Glad that "Mountain men/women" got to enjoy it too!!! Ha!!!

Oveson's said...

Yea for spring. I am so excited that it is finally here. And I am not at a high elivation but it is so nice that soon sandles and shorts and fun things outside will be here

Princess Hairstyles said...

That's a little depressing to see that you still have that much snow. I'm glad it's starting to warm up for you though! You've been a trooper living in the mountains. I thought I had it bad!!