Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Baby Update

I've neglected, put-off, avoided, haven't acknowledged (take your pick)... the pregnancy progress, but after a few requests I figured I'd better not put it off any more or I'll be posting about a new baby instead of the pregnancy. I'll be 36 weeks along tomorrow. Yesterday, at my appointment, which will now be weekly, everything was going well. I'd had an ultrasound two weeks previous because I'm measuring small, but baby is growing just fine, and I'm probably just measuring small because she's jammed in my back. Ok, maybe not, but at times if feels that way. She's still small overall but had grown two centimeters from the last visit. I had lost a pound, but that's pretty common towards the end I guess, so everything seems to be progressing nicely.
I think I've avoided blogging about this pregnancy because, to be honest, it's been a bit more difficult than the others. I don't want to complain because I could probably say that I have relatively easy pregnancies, but I'm definitely uncomfortable, and if I don't have something positive to post its easy to put it off. Still, whether its been the move or the heat of July... I'm ready to have this baby, but then again, a new born is a lot of work as well. Another issue is the whole naming business. As of yet, we haven't been able to agree/decide on a name.
The things I am excited about are meeting this sweet new baby girl, seeing what she looks like, feeling of her spirit, and being able to hold her in my arms. There really is nothing sweeter than holding a new baby. Four more weeks and we'll be doing just that, and I'm sure it will come faster than I'm ready for, but ready or not she's on her way!

*** Note about the picture above.
I had Tom take some pictures of the kids last night and will probably post some later. I had him snap a few of the belly as well, so there you go... picture at 35 1/2 weeks.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

You look really great in this pic kim! I love it!

Daughter of God said...

Okay so thanks for posting, I completely forgot that you are prego!!!! Yeah we need to get together a lot more often, don't ya think! :] You look amazing!
love ya
amy v. young

Oveson's said...

So super cute...I am so excited for you..arent babies the best and it is so much better when they are here!!

Keenan and Brittani Atwood said...

Yay!!! A prego post! You are such a beautiful pregnant woman! Oh man- I can't believe you're on the 4-week countdown! I can't wait to meet that sweet new baby girl of yours! And Camden is thrilled to meet her new little cousin!!

Heather said...

Hi! I found your blog through Keenan & Brittani's. I can't believe you are almost due! When we went to the museum with you guys you were just barely pregnant! It doesn't seem that long ago. Good luck with everything!!

Cecilee said...

Thanks so much for the post!! I've been wondering how your are doing. Sounds like we are twins right now. Just the other day I was thinking, "I don't know how I am going to take 4-5 more weeks of this. Seriously." Pregnancy is so hard, especially at the end! But you look awesome. Not at all miserable, swollen or anything. You've inspired me to take a couple of prego pictures myself. Its always the last thing you want to do at this point, but how else will we remember, right? Good luck with the next 4 weeks!!

Unknown said...

You look great! I didn't realize you were pregnant. Haven't talked to you in a while! Can't wait to see the new little one!

Anonymous said...

The picture is adorable...I love it! I can't believe you are that far along! it has gone by so fast. The last time I saw you...you were barely telling people! Wow! Thanks for the update and please keep us posted on when that little beauty gets here...oh and good luck with the name!

Valeni said...

Just checking out blogs for the first time in a long time. It's so fun to see you and realize the baby will soon be here. Please remind your mom to call me...we promised to stay in touch when our daughters have their babies... Good luck!