Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wasps?

Wasatch just celebrated the opening of their new high school. They had an open house on Saturday with a bunch of fun activities, good food and we got to see one impressive building. With Tom's job the new building had been his second home this summer, so I got all the ins and outs of the building as we walked through. It made for a fun afternoon.
It has definitely been a while since the high school days, so you would think that I could move on, but as we were leaving I just couldn't bring myself to purchase a "spirit flag". I'm sure we'll support our new hometown team this year as I've always enjoyed watching high school athletics, but I just couldn't bring myself to fly the colors. There's still too much blue and white running through my blood (and my blue and white has nothing to do with cougars).