Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back to Logan

Last weekend, my little sister, Brittani, graduated from USU! She majored in Communicative Disorders and is set to start her graduate work in June! Go Britta! And go COMD department. No, that's not Comedy; it's communicative disorders and deaf education. (Just had to throw that in for old times sake:)
It was so fun to see her walk and brought back many memories from six years ago when Tom and I graduated together:-)
















I hadn't been back to visit since we moved from Logan four years ago, so excited to visit would be an understatement! Brittani and Keenan were nice enough to let us crash at their house. You can see from the pictures below we literally did just that.



































There was a luncheon held at the COMD building before the ceremony. It was fun to see many of the professors who taught me so much.















Thanks Britta and Keenan for letting us stay with you and giving us a reason to come, and thanks to such a great faculty at USU who care, teach, and inspire!
We love you!

8 comments:

Liz said...

how cool is that for her to graduate from COMD too!! Is she going there for grad school? speech or aud? or deaf ed? that's so fun!

Sharon said...

So fun for your family, it's great to see family accomplish great things. I was so taken back to Logan in a few of those pictures. I really miss that place!

Kim said...

Yes, Britta is going to grad school at USU! She got accepted into the speech program and into a special route which gives her certification in Auditory Learning and Spoken Language when she graduates. If you can't tell, I'm extremely proud of her:)

Anonymous said...

Kim that is so awesome. So fun for you guys to go and visit. I want you to come visit me soon!!!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Looks like you started a family tradition. Is Kenzi doing this too?

Kim said...

Actually, yes, Kenzi is planning on the same major as Britta and I:) There was a conference a while back that I attended where they were joking that Speech-Language Pathology is a genetic occupation... (the presenter had a couple of family members also in the field) I think she may have been right.

Oveson's said...

Ok so I totaly did not realize that your sister maried garrets little brother. Crazy!!! It looks like you had a grate time.

Liz said...

What's Auditory Learning and Spoken Language?