Saturday, February 16, 2008

Snowboarding!!!

For living in The Place that has the The Greatest Snow on Earth, I sure haven't taken advantage of it enough. However, thanks to my wonderful husband I've had a few fun experiences hittin' the slopes. One of the best ever was yesterday. Thanks to Grandma Christy, who has taken up snowboarding herself and was nice enough to be our patient teacher, and Tom's sister, Nora, who was willing to swap babysitting, we were able to enjoy a beautiful day at Brighton. Tom seemed to be a natural doing s-curves with ease. I wasn't quite as skillful but felt good about my heal side to toe side transitions (which I had a hard time with the first time I went). This was only my second time, my first being February 8, 2006, (I still had the tag on my coat, ha!) I'm really hoping that next time the time between trips won't be as long. It was a really fun day, and after my sore muscle heal, I'll be ready to try again. Hopefully that will be this season, but we'll have to see.
It was a great day. The snow was fabulous. We had blue skies, and it wasn't too cold. Here are a few videos. Check us out. The videos are of Tom, me, and Grandma Christy in that order:).


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Whoohoo! You guys look great. Jason just picked up a snowboard today and announced that he wants to learn how. You guys look like pros to us!

Nora Mair said...

So Impressive. We had a great time with you guys. It just looks so perfect.

Sharon said...

Kim, So jealous! It looked so beautiful and you guys looked so good. I still can't get over the fact my mom snowboards! I hope to be livin it up in my 60's!

Oveson's said...

That is so awesome. Now that we are really close to the mountains that is going to be our next adventure. Your kids are so cute kim. I love it they are adorable. You guys look like you are all doing great. I do have to tell you that I am pretty sure that the people in colorado will disagree with you when you say that utah has the greatest snow on earth. I think if I said that here we would be in alot of trouble. So how are you all doing?? I loved looking at you blog and catching up the last few years....at least a little. Crazy how time flies hu!!! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that your kids are adorable but I am sure you already knew that.

Deirdra said...

Jake would have wanted to join in the snow fun. He misses the skiing days with Tom. Actually he just misses skiing at all now.

Jen said...

How fun! I've attempted snowboarding once and after that experience I decided I would stick to skiing! So glad that you enjoyed a beautiful day on the slopes!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I didn't know you liked to do that kind of stuff. Are you talking about your mom teaching you... if so WOW... I can't believe that. I went about 7 years ago and I fell really hard and I felt like and 80 year old woman for like 4 months and vowed to never go back. You go girl!