Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tag, you're it!

I've been tagged, so here it goes...

Seven things you may not know about me:

1-Ten years ago... I was in my senior year of high school. I was finishing up a not so great year of basketball. The year before we took the 3A state championship, but my senior year we got beat in our playoff game. It was heart-breaking. I decided not to run track that year, and instead decided to scrimmage with the college players at CEU in the afternoons. I spent a lot of time at the gym getting reading to start college where I played volleyball and basketball.

2-Five years ago... I was in my first year of graduate school at USU. I was juggling the cutest one-year old boy ever, classes, clinic, a very patient husband, church, and home. It was also around this time of year that I decided I didn't have enough on my plate. I had always wanted to run a marathon and decided to go for it. I started training in about February and ran the Top Of Utah that fall.

3- 5 things on my "to do" list: Tomorrow I plan to 1) Get the kids up dressed, fed, off to school etc. 2) Go to the library; Wednesday is story hour 3) Go grocery shopping 4) Finish the laundry I started today 5) Call Mom, Britta, Nora and Alisha.

4-Things I would buy if I were given a million dollars: That one is easy! I'd buy our family a house! Not to be too specific, but I'd pick a two story, brick home with four bedrooms up, three baths including a master bath, walk-in closet, laundry upstairs, great room, vaulted ceilings, central air, basement, office, playroom, disposal and dishwasher (sometimes those little things get overlooked), big backyard, nice neighborhood, cul-de-sac location... have I missed anything...

5-Also, you may not know... While growing up I always put that Math was my favorite class in school. This is a little ironic and a little sad in my opinion because I went into Speech-Language Pathology which requires nothing more that MATH 1050 and Stats. I have ambitions to take some more math classes just for the fun of it someday. Call me crazy.

6-Now I'll back track a little on my previous "thing". Don't think that I don't love my field, because I do. If anyone is trying to decide on a major, Speech-Language Pathology is the best. I loved going to college, and I love my job. No, not my domestic-goddess/full+++ -time job. I'm talking about my very, very part-time job as a Speech-Language Pathologist. It is so perfect for our situation right now. I could rave on and on, but I won't... on to the next bit of info.

7-Yesterday I... baked bread and made lunch for 18, went snowshoeing and sledding, drank hot cocoa, played some fun board games, watched some of Shrek, and tried to gear up for real life again. (Gear up for real life... that almost makes me laugh. I've been used to running from thing to thing most of my life. I can honestly say that I'm currently enjoying (most of the time) the luxury of some simplification in life. I do have to make a fire to keep us warm in the mornings, but life has a very different pace right now, and we have more that enough time to stop and smell the roses. Ok, ok if not roses in the dead of winter then the wild flowers growing out in the green house:)

I tag Alisha, Melanie, Jen H, Jen P, Deirdra, Liz and anyone else who feels like spillin' some random info. Write 7 things about yourself that you can stand to share with the world and then tag 7 others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, it was so good to get to know you better. Don't you just love blogging?
I found a website called www.blurb.com that allows you to make a book out of your blogs. Kinda cool huh?
~Dedra

Anonymous said...

Hey, that was fun! Nice specifics on your house...can you build it in Cleveland next to mine??? Just teasing...I wish!