Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Top ten ways you know you live at the cabin...












10. You're children's feet occasionally look like this...

(The other morning after breakfast as I was changing Ali's diaper I noticed her foot was absolutely nasty. I had given her a bath the night before, and the other foot was just fine. I don't know what happened to make her foot so crusty and gross.)


9. You are competent at building a fire with any or all of the following: an egg carton, an old cereal box, or a worn out pair of jeans.

8. You drive to work in the dark in a snowstorm and drive home from work in the dark in a snowstorm.

7. You snow blow the driveway at night, snow blow again in the morning, and get stuck coming into the driveway after work.

6. You're 27, married with 3 children and experiencing having roommates for the the first time.

5. The goats... need I say more?

4. You have managed to fit a master bedroom, playroom, nursery, office, and laundry room all into one room (and are capable of making it look like you don't live there).

3. Since there is no Wendy's within reasonable driving distance... you've suddenly discovered your domestic side and have tried more new recipes in the past few months than in all your previous married life, and since most of the cookbooks you own are in "storage" the trove of internet recipes has become invaluable.

2. Sledding, cooking, and reading have become the three activities that fill the majority of your free time.




1. You live life like you're always on vacation because...
well, it's the cabin!

8 comments:

Nora Mair said...

You snowblow to go to work and get stuck coming home at night. he he. Room for one more? I'm in! Thanks for the delicious lunch. It was great!

Unknown said...

Those are great! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty great...I feel like we live in a cabin this year with all the snow in price. It has been crazy but I know still not as much as you have.

Oveson's said...

So ok I diden't really know that you guys lived in a cabin. Some time you will have to give me the download on that. Sounds like life is a great adventure for you guys. That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time to me! You have more snow but in August when it is 110 down here you will be loving it up there :0)

Missy said...

Love it! I have some sippy cups for you.

Sharon said...

Can I move in? Sounds like a blast!

Liz said...

I'm so impressed at your adventure! I can't believe all that you do everyday!