Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snowed in

It is Sunday afternoon, and we should be at church. However, this morning we got a call to tell us that church was canceled. We are having yet another big storm! Along with the big storm last Monday. We had one on Thursday night. Tom had to be in Heber that night for work, and he didn't even make it back. On the way home (at 1am) he couldn't see to drive (sound familiar), so he turned around and stayed the night in Heber.


Luckily today we can stay in where it's warm.





With all the snow outside, and not a lot to go and do I tend to get the munchies.
Lately we've been baking some fun things. Here's a sample of what we've been up to.
Emma and her pizza. (She got a bakers set with her own rolling pin, apron, pizza pan, etc. for Christmas, so she now is my best pizza making helper.)

More bread...









Chicken broccoli braid. (The recipe says to use refrigerator rolls, but it is much better with homemade crescent rolls, and you might notice I made it in the shape of a wreath rather that a braid.)










And here are the kids enjoying some good 'ol homemade chocolate chip cookies.











(As I was taking the pictures Tom made the comment, "You're going to blog about bread again?!" So sorry if this is less that exciting, but hey, that's life, or at least its ours right now:)

6 comments:

Deirdra said...

It's very exciting, don't let Tom give you a hard time. And all the food looks yummy! Wish I could come help you eat it.

Jen said...

Kim-
I'm so glad that you've joined the blogging world! It's such a fun way to keep in touch. Your kids have grown up so much since the last time I saw them--they are so cute! The bread looks so yummy-- you've inspired me to do some baking!

Alisha Harris said...

Kim I was so excited to see your comment on my blog. I love blogs and how we can keep up with each other. I will let you know about our get together.

Sharon said...

Your food looks so good! We are enduring a good storm, maybe I'll make some cookies!

Liz said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I wish I could have some of that bread! It looks so yummy! I am excited to see everyone more often once my house sells and I get to move near my husband!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, I am so glad that you called today, that was so fun to hear from you. Hopefully next time you come down we will both have healthy kids so we can get together. I love that you are still making the broccoli ring. I love it and yours with homemade bread looks so yummy.