Monday, February 23, 2009

Dance Breakthrough

Most Monday afternoons have consisted of Ali and I watching Emma dance. She was very hesitant at the beginning but has really enjoyed dancing after the adjustment of the first couple weeks. Each week she would continue to request that I come in with her and watch. Although, I'm the only Mom who stays to watch I really don't mind because it is fun to see what they're doing, Ali loves to watch and learns the dances almost as well as the girls in the class, and hey, I just don't mind. However, this week, Ali is still fighting the stomach bug, so I figured I'd better not take her in. The plan was that we'd just wait outside in the car for Emma. She was only so-so about the plan and almost burst into tears when she walked up to the door by herself and couldn't open it. I don't know if it was locked, but as soon as I got out to help, her teacher came and opened it and in she went. It was actually a really nice time in the car. Ali took a nap, and I got to read (without promptly falling asleep like I do at night) for a whole hour. Its not often I get an hour to myself. It was nice and all, but the funny part came when Emma got back. She was so proud that she had gone to dance by herself and even made the comment that she wanted me to not come in to dance anymore so that she could have some of her 'own time'. I was taken back a little; all I could say was... OK.

No comments: