Saturday, February 28, 2009

Heard a heartbeat

I had my first OB appointment yesterday. It was a nice, uneventful doctor's visit which is what I like. It was fun to hear the heartbeat for the first time because there's something about being able to hear the baby that is reassuring that everything is OK, there really is a baby in there, and I'm not just getting fat for no reason. I don't know why I'd even think that as I struggle with morning sickness and fatigue... the usually joys of pregnancy, but still, it's nice to hear.
I sometimes can't believe all the little changes that occur when you're expecting. Especially when I'm not pregnant I find myself thinking, ...emotional, tired, naw... I'm just fine when I'm pregnant. Tonight, however was a classic prego moment. The kids and I were watching high school musical III, and it actually made me tear up in a couple a places... Laugh if you will, but I honestly couldn't help it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. It is nice to know that everything is okay. I totally know about crying at any given moment...totally prego moments...no man would ever understand!

Liz said...

yay! how wonderful! I hope you're doing well with three and a half kids! You are amazing!

Cecilee said...

I'm so glad everything is going well!! What's your due date? Maybe we are the same....

Unknown said...

wow! congrats! I'm so happy for you. I also hate you but I am happy for you! :) j/k. You're like the 1 millioneth person I know who is pregnant. I'm glad your baby will have a good home and mommy though. Hope you feel well. You must be around 10 weeks to hear the heartbeat so hopefully only a few more weeks of the 1st trimester nausea!

LaurieJ said...

I want to know what parts you cried at?

Oveson's said...

Yea for heartbeat...that is always so good to hear...I hear you one the crying thing...great prego moment!!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Yipee! Granny just told me the news. I'm so excited for you guys. There's just nothing like a new baby! Horray. (I hope the icky morning sickness doesn't last too long for you this time.)