Friday, February 6, 2009

Number 9

I love... my Mom. I feel so lucky to have the best Mom in the entire world. For all of you who feel the same way... sorry, my Mom takes the cake. We were able to spend a couple of days with her this week, and she basically just spoiled us all rotten. We laugh that the kids go through "Grandma withdrawals" whenever we have to come home after a visit. A perfect example would be today while I was loading the dish washer. Ali came up and started putting her fingers in the soapy water and then putting them in her mouth, ick. I told her the dishes were dirty and the water was yucky and to stop etc. She turned and said, "I want Grandma (bama)" Then she said, "Grandma nice".
I couldn't argue. She is really nice.
Emma is often saying similar things... If I say no (usually to silly little things like we're not drinking from straws tonight), she'll say, "Grandma lets me" I have a hard time knowing whether to growl or smile.
Not only is she a great Grandma, but I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her just a phone call away. She is the best listener. While growing up, without fail, if I ever went against the advice she gave I regretted it. I still highly respect her opinions and often seek them out before making big decisions.
Thanks Mom for all you do! Love you lots! :)

1 comment:

Valeni said...

I love your mom too...she is the best sister and the perfect example of how a person should be. I hope we can spend some time with you all sometime this year...thanks for being who you all are. Love ya lots!