Sunday, February 8, 2009

Number 7

I love... Hymn #241
While having a little pity party for myself today, Tom, being the fabulous hubby that he is, decided to remind me of all the many blessings we've received in the eight and a half years since we were married. As we were driving as a family tonight he not only serenaded me with this fabulous hymn, but he did just what it said, "counted our blessings one by one." There are so many aspects of our lives that are nothing short of a miracle. Our families are amazingly supportive, we have three beautiful/healthy children, good educations, ... ... ... I could go on, but I'll try not to bore you too much, and I don't want to come across as boastful. I just know that the Lord guides our lives. While writing this, the poem about the Master Weaver came to mind. With the amazing power of the internet, I was able to find it in all of about five seconds, so I'll share it. Considering all things, I don't know how appropriate it is right now. Really, we've got it pretty good. Still, I think it is always good to remember who is really running the show.

The Plan Of The Master Weaver

Our lives are but fine weavings,
That God and we prepare,
Each life becomes a fabric planned
And fashioned in His care.
We may not always see just how
The weavings intertwine,
But we must trust the Master’s hand
And follow His design,
For He can view the pattern
From the upper side,
While we must look from underneath
And trust in Him to guide.

Sometimes a strand of sorrow
Is added to His plan,
And though it’s difficult for us,
We still must understand
That it’s He who fills the shuttle,
It’s He who knows what’s best,
So we must weave in patience
And leave to Him the rest…

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why—
The dark threads are as needed
In the Weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

--Anonymous

2 comments:

Oveson's said...

I love that song!!! Thanks for sharing...by the way I think we all go through those little parties and it is nice to know that it is ok and we can look at things a little diferent with a little help. Got to love husbands.

Valeni said...

Love that special poem Kim. Thanks for sharing your spiritual insights. I love to hear what you have to say and will try and check out your blog more often!