Friday, November 7, 2008

Thankful for ... Day 7

Today I am thankful for technology. Sometimes I complain that the computer, TV, whatever takes up too much of our time. Then the other night Tom reminded me all that we can do with technology, that if we tried to do without it... well, there's no way it could ever get done. Just imagine me trying to take pictures, write correspondences, print the pictures, mail them out, connect with everyone that this blog alone allows me to connect with. It just wouldn't be possible. Then there are cell phones. I love the "in" network where I can talk to my fam whenever and for however long I want, anytime! When I was first married there were times we'd go for weeks without much talk because long distance was so expensive. I also love that I have been able to connect with friends I haven't talked to for a few years via blogs, facebook, etc (although I don't know what that etc would be:). Digital cameras are another amazing thing. Gone are the days of having to pay out the nose for pictures. My amazing hubby takes the kids pictures and does a great job. Scrapbooking is simplified by going digital (although I don't think I'll ever totally give up paper), and I can't write about technology without mentioning that it is what Tommer does. Its his employment and our livelihood. He is amazing at getting things to work; in fact sometimes we joke that all he has to do is look at a computer and it starts working correctly just out of pure intimidation. I'm so grateful for his knowledge and skills. I also love that because of him I get hooked up with a nice camera, a sweet iPod, a cool new phone and it was actually him that set up this blog as well as my facebook profile. Thanks for helping me along technologically Tom, I really am so grateful. (And I'll try not too bug you so much about being on the computer... "or not" ;)

2 comments:

Daughter of God said...

I know what you mean! And I'm all about digital scrapbooking! I love it!!! And I will never do paper. I'm not that creative. :]

Anonymous said...

I too am so greatful for all of the techie stuff we enjoy!
Loved the vitamin story! I can't believe you live where there is so much snow already...good call on the snow tires...I would be grateful too!