Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful for... Day 9

Alternate titles:


Will my children survive childhood?

Mean mommy.

Can I take a mulligan?




Today I am thankful for the opportunity to be a parent, and although I've already expressed gratitude for each of my children individually, ... I'm going there again.

Let me put it this way:
My wonderful hubby (who I need to treat better today), really enjoys playing golf. He often has pointed out how life is like golf, so I'm going to compare Parenting to Golf.
Golf if a tough game. Sometimes you don't play very well (me today), but even when you're way over par and you're not sure it is worth going on, you take a look around and realize how beautiful it all is. The only perfect golf score would be zero, and in that case you wouldn't be playing at all. So even though things don't always go like you want, and the only child who is perfect is the unborn dream of a child created in your mind. I am so grateful for each of my children, their different personalities, all that they teach me, and for the opportunity I have of being their mom. Some games/moments might be less than pleasant, but in the whole scheme of things its all pretty sweet.

This probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but as you might be able to tell I've been less than stellar in my mothering today, so I'll end with one of my favorite quotes, "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." Can you name who said that and where it is from?

Now I'd better run, Emma is yelling, "Moooooooom, Bentley's going to do karate on me!"...

3 comments:

Alisha Harris said...

Oh I know how you feel. I sometime just want to erase the day and start over. Good thing we can go to bed and start over tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

zLove teh picture...I think as mothers we have all been there...more for me that for others I am sure! gotta love it!

Daughter of God said...

Love the pic, so silly and cute!