Sunday, November 2, 2008

Too much candy, or just Two

We had a great time trick-or-treating on Friday night. The big kids were of course excited. While we were out Emma informed me that she's been trick-or-treating two times. (Maybe a few more than that), but at least she remembers last year. Ali got into it as well. She mastered the sayings, "me too", "trick-or-treat", and "thank you" by the end of the night. Bentley was a trooper; it wasn't until everyone else had either gone in already or were complaining that their feet hurt that he finally agreed it was time to call it quits. The kids came away with way too much candy and were very happy about it.

Well, it was either too much sugar or Ali is turning into a two year old (looking back I think it had something to do with the cold she's coming down with too), but this morning while getting ready for church, she was impossible. She had on a cute black, white, pink and green dress, and she has a cute ribbon and black sparkle shoes to match. However, she insisted that she would not wear her bow. "Tight" /taI/, she would say, and she wouldn't wear her black shoes. She has red sparkle shoes the same style and size (so it wasn't a comfort issue), but she would only put on the red ones. I got the black ones on a few times with distractions, but she would immediately take them off and go for the red. What am I going to do when she's a teenager...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls just have a mind of their own...I remember one of my friends saying that her 7 year old was picky about hair, clothes, shoes...etc. I thought that was so weird and way to young to be acting like that...but I have since learned that all of that starts at 2 and will probably never end. Oh well...the joys!!!

Cecilee said...

I hate when you have a darling outfit and they just won't wear it or won't cooperate with something... We have the same red sparkly shoes. Lauren loves them, but they are very slippery and uncomfortable and she always falls while wearing them. Style over comfort I guess.

The kids look great in their costumes!

Princess Hairstyles said...

I love it when you update your blog. I'm amazed you can keep everything straight and organized for so many posts.

Cute costumes too!

Anonymous said...

Pick your battles. I chant that to myself over and over :-)

Megan Curtis said...

Hi Kim
It's your cousin Megan, Aunt Sue's daughter. You have a beautiful family. It has been a awhile since I have seen everyone, it is nice to catch up a little bit through your blog. My email is troyleesmom@hotmail.com, feel free to pass on to any other cousins or aunts and uncles.