Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What's in a Name

Before the official votes were cast, the kids of Utah were able to vote at school for who they wanted to be our next President of the United States. Bentley came home from school excited to tell us about how he got to vote. I asked him who he voted for, and he told me Barack Obama. He said that most of his class voted for John McCain, so I asked him why he voted for Obama. His reply was, "'cause he's got a cool name". What else do you need?
Now that the election is over, it should be interesting what the next four years will bring. I'm all for 'hope', but lets just hope that any 'change' brought about will be positive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cute...and to tell you the truth at that age I probably would have done the same thing...it is a pretty cool name...just not sure if he is a pretty cool person yet!

Cecilee said...

I feel the same as you. I want to be positive and "hope" that all will go well with the all the "changing" that has been proposed.