Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thankful for ... Day 8

Today I'm thankful for endorphins, running, new shoes, turkey, pumpkin pie, free food, door prizes, cool cousins, Grandma and Grandpa, free babysitting, sweet deals at the outlets, more fun with cousins, and ... one great Saturday.
Today was one of those days where you can sit back at the end and say, that was a fun day.
Nora and James came up last night to have Tom take some family pictures and for the SS Turkey Trot this morning. The Fitness Center in Kamas put on an awesome Turkey Trot Fun Run which has become an annual November event for our fam. They had a 5K run, a one mile walk and a kids' one mile run. First prize in each category won a turkey, and second prize won a pumpkin pie. Between the two families we came away with a turkey and three pumpkin pies. Bentley participated in the kids run and took second! They also gave away really fun prizes: hats, jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles, goggles, passes to the fitness center, bags, etc, and they had a bunch of really good food at the end. They didn't have huge numbers come out, but I can't figure out why. It was a great time, and I just can't say enough about how lucky we are to have such an amazing facility.

After the race we went back to the cabin, had lunch, and then Nora and I took off (kid free) to tackle the outlet sales, and we weren't disappointed. When I came back, John and Heather were at the cabin. They had come up for family pictures too. Now, I just need to get our family's pictures! We had dinner, which was fabulous, and then they had to take off. After an eventful day with lots of company and commotion, it is amazing how quiet it feels with just our family. The kids went to bed without any problems which just made the day even better.
Pie anyone?

3 comments:

Sharon said...

What a blast! That looked like so much fun and congratulations on the pie!

Cecilee said...

Wow! What a fun day! I'm trying not to be a little jealous.... (especially about the kid-free shopping). But I am so happy to see my clean yard that I guess it was worth giving up a Saturday for that.

I'm impressed at your athletic family following in your "footsteps." Now you can eat all those calories you just burned off. ;o)

Daughter of God said...

how fun!! I sure need to get back into running! way to go